The PS5 is a hot item with incredible features, but its storage can fill up quickly with game installations. If you want to free up space on PS5 here is how to delete games and manage your games, add-ons.
Deleting Games on Your PS5
Follow these steps to delete any game:
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select Storage.
- Choose Console Storage if you want to delete games from your console or External Storage if you want to remove PS4 titles from an external SSD.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find which game you want to delete.
- In the bottom-left Delete option click on it and confirm to free up storage.
Don’t worry; you can re-download deleted games from the Library app or the PlayStation Store whenever you want.
Deleting Add-Ons on PS5
If you need to clear space but want to keep the base game, follow these steps to delete add-ons:
- **Highlight the title with the add-on you want to delete (found in the Games section on the home screen or in the Game Library).
- Press the Options button on your DualSense controller.
- In the menu, select Manage Game Content.
- Choose Delete (the trash bin icon) next to the add-on you want to remove.
Add-ons can be deleted and you will be able to still play the base game and later you can download them again.
Managing Your Games and Add-Ons
PS5 usable SSD space is only 667.2GB which is not enough for many games. The delete process is same for PS5 or PS4 game. We’ve even shown you how to delete them, so you have control over your storage.
Also read: How to Contact PlayStation Support
Can You Delete Games via the PlayStation App?
It is not possible to delete games via the PlayStation app. If Sony add this feature it would be great. Hopefully Sony will add this feature or similar to make gamers life easier.
Please do share this article with your PS5 friends so they can manage games and add-ons on Playstation 5.